Call for Papers
Paper proposals are no longer being considered for the Conference.
The theme of our conference is ‘The Hospitable Text’. Contemporary theorists and theologians have paid considerable attention recently to the idea of hospitality, recognising, among other things, the value of actively hosting viewpoints different from our own rather than merely tolerating their presence. With this in mind, papers are invited that address any of the following topics:
- Religious/literary/theological explorations of hospitality
- The relationship between religion and literature
- Literature and religious pluralism/difference
- Dialogism in the novel
- Controversy and literature
- Strangers, guests and visitors in literary texts
- Literary reflections on the Eucharist
- The relationship between the religious and the secular
- Related themes, such as friendship, tolerance, charity and peace.
- Literature and the Bible
- Religious violence
- Hermeneutical conversations
- Communal reading
Papers are not restricted to a particular faith or religious tradition, or to a particular historical period.